- She could not finish her study in four years ………. she would have been entitled to a scholarship for further study.
A. Nevertheless B. Moreover C. Otherwise D. However E. Consequently
- X : “Did he say anything to the police?”
Y : “Well, ………. he admitted breaking into the car, he denied sealing the tape.”
A. Meanwhile B. Even though C. Because D. As soon as E. When
- X : “What did your father say when you told him you had lost all your money?”
Y : “He was so angry …….. he couldn’t say anything.”
A. Therefore D. So B. When E. After C. That
- The expensive treatment had been well researched; however, ……….
- It made the patient feel well
- It didn’t cause discomfort
- It was not very effective
- It cured the patient effectively
- It could comport the patient
- ……. She likes him very much, she always pretends to ignore him.
A. Even though D. Because B. However E. Since C. Whereas
- We were planning to open a new office in Surabaya ……… the economic crisis forced us to postpone it.
A. And D. For B. So E. Or C. But
- X : “How were you doing in your exam?”
Y : “Not very well …… I studied hard for it.”
A. While D. Even though B. Whenever E. Since C. In spite of
- ……… Andy seldom attends classes, he is always one of the best student in class.
A. Whenever D. If B. Since E. Although C. Because
- I was late because I caught the wrong bus. It means I caught the wrong bus ………. I was late.
A. When D. So that B. Although E. Since C. But
- ……… his good performance as a student, he always nervous when doing exams.
A. Even though D. Despite B. Instead of E. Unless C. Although
- Conditions in Afghanistan after civil war have grown so severe ………. may refuges have risked death to escape.
A. What D. When B. Why E. That C. How
- Living alone can be difficult …………. many single people prefer live with their family.
A. Nevertheless D. Moreover B. Therefore E. However C. Otherwise
- Smoking can cause of nay illnesses and respiratory disorders ……… it may harm non-smokers.
A. Consequently D. However B. Nevertheless E. Otherwise C. In addition
- All the members of parliament applauded …….. the president was walking to his seat.
A. Although D. While B. Even if E. So that C. As soon as
- ……… three people have died of cholera, the old people of the village refused to get an injection against it.
A. In spite of D. Despite B. However E. Although C. Since