A few weeks ago, I posted “My Life inwards Films,” based on films and books. (I conception to arrive at a mass post service at roughly point, too.) It occurred to me, though, that a “My Life inwards Television” post service would live most appropriate for me, as, well, I genuinely similar me roughly TV!
Television Shows that Remind Me of Childhood
- Square One TV: This was, without a doubt, my favorite demo every bit a child. I watched it every twenty-four hours afterward school, as well as I nevertheless recall many of the featured songs (I hated “Nine, Nine, Nine,” but it nevertheless comes to heed every fourth dimension I’m working amongst multiples of 9, and “The Mathematics of Love,” as well as “Ghost of a Chance” were favorites). I also experience compelled to tell (at to the lowest degree inwards my head), “…is brought to y’all yesteryear erasers. Don’t brand a error without one,” whenever anyone says, “Oops!” But Mathnet was my absolute favorite. (This is where I learned the Fibonacci Sequence–“1, 1, 2, 3, 5, Eureka!”)
- Zoobilee Zoo: I likely watched Zoobilee Zoo longer than I should have, age-wise. I don’t recall much virtually it now, other than the theme song.
- Lois & Clark: Dean Cain wasn’t my foremost celebrity crush, but he’s for certain the longest lasting. Would I overstep out if I met him today? Probably. I’ll never forget where I was when Lois & Clark got married (sort of … he married a clone of Lois, but nosotros didn’t know it at the time)—on a schoolhouse bus, inwards a blizzard, writing “Superman, salve me!” on the iced-over window amongst my friend Angie. We were both dying to live at dwelling identify watching the demo amongst our families.
- Full House: I watched this demo pretty much from outset to end. I e’er identified amongst DJ, though I was much closer inwards historic catamenia to Stephanie. And now, ane time again, for your viewing pleasure, the vocal I e’er associate amongst Full House:
- Friends: The debut of Friends marked an of import (and deceitful) fourth dimension inwards my life—a fourth dimension when my blood brother as well as I would become to our basement as well as sentinel TV shows nosotros knew our parents wouldn’t approve of. I was the instigator, of course, but Andrew was a willing participant. Eventually, Mom caught me watching Friends and banned it, as well as I did pretty good avoid Friends after that (at to the lowest degree until college). All of the other shows, though, nosotros kept watching—but when I await dorsum at the listing now, which included Suddenly Susan, The Single Guy, as well as Veronica’s Closet, I wonder … why?
- Hang Time: Anyone recall T-NBC? By the fourth dimension I started watching, the master copy Saved yesteryear the Bell had ended, as well as California Dreams was inwards its finally seasons. But Hang Time, virtually a daughter who joins the boys’ basketball game team, I watched from the beginning. It’s funny—I can’t recall much virtually the demo directly (except that Anthony Anderson was the adorable “Teddy”)—but I loved it then.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: This was my foremost foray into scientific discipline fiction. My dad e’er watched TNG on Sabbatum nights, as well as many nights, I opened my chamber door exactly a cleft thence I could watch, too. Once I got older, I was genuinely allowed to remain upwardly as well as sentinel amongst him.
- Gilmore Girls: I’ll never sympathize why Rory broke upwardly amongst Dean. I would guide maintain married Dean … as well as I never would guide maintain had an thing amongst married Dean or dated Logan. Yeah, the demo went downhill inwards it’s latter years.
- Alias: Gathering amongst the girls inwards the Westy 1 foyer to sentinel Alias … ane of my favorite memories of college!
- Stargate: SG-1: My dad got me hooked on this one, too. This remains my favorite sci-fi show, as well as I guide maintain all 10 seasons on DVD.
Favorite Shows of My Twenties
- Lost: I jumped on the Lost bandwagon the summertime afterward the foremost season—this was dorsum when the broadcast networks nevertheless ran reruns during the summer. I don’t know if I’ve ever been to a greater extent than shocked yesteryear an episode of TV than when (GIANT SPOILER ALERT) Michael shot as well as killed both Ana Lucia as well as Libby as well as allow Ben (then known every bit Henry Gale) escape.
- The Office: In seasons two, three, as well as four, I was a completely loyal viewer of The Office. Somewhere along the line, though, I stopped caring, as well as I stopped watching. I nevertheless love those foremost seasons, but I guide maintain zero interest inwards what’s happening now.
- Monarch of the Glen: I discovered this show, produced yesteryear BBC Scotland, when I was looking for something to sentinel on Netflix streaming. It’s thence fun! It’s sweet, gentle, as well as funny—perfect for a rainy day.
- Prison Break: While I was watching Lost, my friends Justin as well as Adair were watching Prison Break. I recall tilt Lost‘s ridiculousness amongst them yesteryear claiming Prison Break was exactly every bit implausible. Then I genuinely watched the show. Implausible, yep … as well as completely enthralling! Season One is ane of the best seasons of idiot box I’ve ever watched. Things arrive at become downhill from there, though, as well as I never fifty-fifty made it through Season Four.
- Psych: Shawn as well as Gus brand the perfect comedy team. Psych is exactly fun to watch—and the 80’s as well as 90’s references exactly acquire into that much better!
- Fringe: I’ve written virtually my love for Fringe before, thence I won’t rehash it here. The electrical flow flavour is a fighting rocky, but I guide maintain faith inwards the producers.
- Parks & Recreation: When Parks & Rec premiered, I didn’t plough over it the fourth dimension of day. I idea it was every bit good similar to The Office. While it does employ the same mocumentary format every bit The Office, Rashida Jones has been a cast fellow member on both shows, as well as the shows part roughly of the same producers as well as writers, Parks & Rec is so much to a greater extent than sincere, humorous, as well as endearing. While Michael Scott’s antics were oftentimes cringe-worthy, I discovery myself e’er rooting for Leslie Knope. The supporting characters are wonderful, as well as adding Adam Scott as well as Rob Lowe to the cast at the terminate of the minute flavour was genius. Also, at that topographic point was a shout-out to the Mighty Ducks movies a twain weeks ago—can’t become incorrect amongst that!
- Castle: I started watching because of called Castle a total ripoff of Bones. Well, directly I taste Castle so much to a greater extent than than Bones, as well as Rick Castle is my favorite Fillion character. But Castle is virtually thence much to a greater extent than than Fillion—the interplay betwixt Detectives Ryan as well as Esposito, the Castle/Beckett romance, Alexis’s heartbreak, as well as (last but non least) Lt. Commander Worf every bit Beckett’s therapist—and those aspects all brand Castle must-see TV for me. It’s ane of 2 shows I genuinely sentinel live.
- Ringer: Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 nighttime lather if ever at that topographic point was one, Ringer is ridiculous, melodramatic fun. Sarah Michelle Gellar plays twins Bridget as well as Siobhan. Bridget is a recovering drug addict who’s on the run from both the FBI as well as a unsafe drug lord. Siobhan is married to Andrew but having an thing amongst her best friend’s husband. When Siobhan disappears, Bridget sees a agency to liberty yesteryear masquerading every bit Siobhan, since Siobhan conveniently never told anyone she had a twin sister. It’s totally implausible as well as highly addictive.
- The Bachelor/ette: I used to await downward on those who watched The Bachelor or The Bachelorette. Then ane night, I dropped yesteryear my parents’ identify spell my sis was watching DeAnna Pappas’s flavour … as well as I was hooked. I mean value I’ve watched every flavour since. Also, I’d similar to mean value my involvement inwards The Bachelor helped along a love tally … Janae & Jordan, who volition live getting married side yesteryear side month, watched nearly all of the Jake Pavelka flavour amongst Blendy and me at my floor when they were foremost getting to know each other!
Favorite Show that Few Others Know About
- Dollhouse: This was a short-lived Joss Whedon demo on FOX. It was a fighting uneven, but when at its best, it was completely mesmerizing. Alan Tudyk absolutely blew my mind—what a phenomenal actor!
- Firefly: Okay, I didn’t technically discovery this myself. My blood brother as well as sister-in-law brought me their DVDs to borrow because they were sure I would similar it. And I did. This is the demo that made me foremost appreciate Nathan Fillion.
- Once Upon a Time: They had me at “from the writers of LOST.” I am absolutely loving this show, which takes identify both inwards “Fairy Tale Land” as well as modern-day Maine. Go here to sentinel a preview.